Friday, June 30, 2006

A Mother's Intuition

Well, it has been a long while since I posted here but I have been crazy busy trying to finish up summer session at school and work, and oh wait dealing with the fact that we found out we are having TWINS! Yes, it is crazy and we joked a lot about how we were not going to find out the sex of the baby unless we found out we were having twins and low and behold we are. I think deep down I knew from the beginning that there were two in there, but the doctors kept telling me there was only one so I believed them. I mean I had been so sick in the first trimester and then started to grow rather quckily all of a sudden and something didn't seem right so when I went for my 16 week check up we were finally dropped the bomb. I was in shock and amazement and then complete fear took over when I saw those two little bumps in there, but the shock is starting to wear off and now I am just going through the pregnancy motions. The funny part of this whole experience was when I told my family and Tom. My mother kept telling me to stop lying to her and well Tom didn't really think it was real either until he saw the ultrasound and the tears pouring down my face, but overall thus far it has been a positive experience. We will keep you posted as we progress. We are at the 20 week mark now, half way there already :-)