Sunday, May 03, 2009

30 by 30

In January I will turn 30 years old. I cannot believe I will be that old and that the girls will be 3 in October, but what can you do?! Anyway, in order to prepare for this blessed event I have decided that I am going to lose 30 pounds by the time I turn 30. Surly this should be possible, it is roughly 4-5 pounds a month, which is 1+ pounds a week...easy enough. Well, it will be easy enough after I get off my no high impact exercising orders! See I have a stress reaction, almost stress fracture from training for my half marathon yesterday. Which I ran, against Doctors orders, he said I could walk, but I just couldn't not run. Finishing time was 2:37, only 9 minutes worse than last year, but I am paying for it today and crossing my fingers that I will not end up in a boot later this week. If your doctor tells you NOT to do something, then don't do it. But I digress back to my 30 by 30. I have several reasons for wanting to lose weight, but really I just need to control my appetite and what I eat, but not just to lose weight. I soon will be going on Accutane to control my wonder cystic acne. Now this drug is a very powerful drug that can mess with your cholestrol and triclicerides, which I found out this week, mine are somewhat elevated already. So I have to eat low choloestrol, low fat now so that I can continue the acne treatment and basically just to be healthier. So I am going back to my semi-veggie ways, cutting out the red meat and going more organic, less processed and cutting out the fast food. I am not sure who this is going to be more of a struggle for, me or my family. Both Tom and the girls love them some good snacks, chips and cookies, but in reality none of us need it, so we will be cutting that out. The hardest part will be giving up my beloved daily Starbucks. I don't think that I can count the times I have tried to give up the Starbuck, but here I go again. So here is to eating healthier, lowering my cholestrol and losing weight!