Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"Welcome???"

Apparently we have a sign on our house that says, "Welcome" to ants...we must send out some secret sent that allows them to follow us. I am not sure what it is, but ugh it annoys and disgusts me for sure. Don't get me wrong it is now were near as bad as last summer in that dreaded apartment, just in our kitchen and a rough ant on the wall going up the stairs to the second floor...I know right, how the heck does an ant make it across the kitchen, living room and up the stairs? I am not sure, but they do. But, in all honesty the girls did turn on this welcome sign. Tom and I have been trying for days to figure out how they are getting in the house and what they could possibly be after, I sweep after every meal and snack that is eaten inside, so 3-5 times a day and we vacuum about everyday as well. So today after dinner there seemed to be more than normal so I got out the vacuum and started going to town on everything. I then looked under the stove...ohhhhhh YUCK. There was an old rice cake, not sure how old, but it was back under the stove and it was covered! It was so gross. So I had to pull out the drawer, vacuum really well, even got out the flashlight to see better and then mopped. After the girls went to bed I set up some ant traps also, I am hoping this will help eradicate the problem and we can go on living ant free. Ahhhhhh, gotta love nature and all the wonderful things it brings with it. Hope none of you are having this problem, but if you are and you have kids, just look under your stove!