Friday, January 13, 2006

Another Day Another Year Older

Well today I am on the verge of being old, or as my co-worker says I have now entered my early mid twenties, you see I turned 26 today. My sister informed me that I am old, she is 15, yet I feel no different than I did yesterday. Yes, time seems to go by much faster, much to my displeasure in realizing that my parents were right when they used to say, watch out times flies the older you get. As a child I used to laugh at them, thinking they were crazy, yet as I sit here today, I feel like I just turned 25 and I cannot comprehend that I am 4 years away from 30, I mean then what...is this all we have to look forward to, watching years fly by faster than we can imagine, or is it time to actually start living life? My goal for the next year is to not dwell as much on the small stuff or let it upset me as much as it does now...I am sure I will still complain, I mean how can I not, I wouldn't be a drama queen if things were perfect all the time. But hopefully I will be able to spend more time with friends and family enjoying the everyday fun things about life instead of being upset about going out in the rain to get lunch. Hopefully a year from today I will be able to look back at the past year and remember all the good times, instead of wondering where the year actually went. So check back later to see if I am doing so, or if I am stuck in a rut!