Thursday, January 26, 2006

Liver or Counter?

People always saw "Live each day like its your last." Only lately I have noticed I live life to get through each day. It is like I have put myself on cruise control and just work through the motions, not really feeling anything. It is like my life has turned into one big countdown. I have a calendar at work on my desk that I cross each day off. I have a calendar at home where I cross each day off and even at school I cross of each class on my syllabus. Or when I say I only have 33 more weeks of school left until I graduate...yes I am counting, but what in the world am I counting the days down to? I mean this is it, you only get one life, why am I counting my days away, what in the world am I waiting for? I wish I knew, but each day passes and all it gets is a cross, or a squiggly line if I am in the mood, but nothing changes. I mean today I was made to truly ponder what I want in life, when an Intern for one of our clients was talking to me about DePauw University, where she is currently a senior and of course where I graduated from four years ago. Well, here I am college grad with half a master's getting lunch for an intern...kind of makes you think, "is this all I want out of my life?" or "What in the world are you doing with your life?" While, I don't have an anwer at the moment, I hope that one day I am able to stop being a counter and start being a liver. So the question I ask of you is...are you a liver or a counter?