Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Spring in Indiana

Ah, spring has finally arrived! Warmer days, not waking up in the dark or driving home from school or work in the dark. The blossoms are on the trees and flowers are blooming, it is wonderful...well it used to be wonderful. I guess I should be used to tornado season in Indiana, I have lived here for what is going on eight years, but this year is the first year it is already getting to me. As I was sitting in the hallway truly scared for the first time ever on Sunday night, I kept getting angrier and angrier. First off, I was missing Desperate Housewives, I mean yes I know this is serious business, but the News people just cut in and don't stop the show.. ANNOYING. Second, I was like why were we so young, dumb and naive, to buy a house in the middle of a corn field that doesn't even have a basement...WHAT were we thinking. I keep telling Tom that if we plan to stay here for more than 2-3 more years we are going to have to move somewhere else that has a basement and isn't right in tornado alley, because I won't be able to stand it. Hopefully we hit the dirt running and can move out West before then, but if not then a basement house it is! But I guess in the mean time, we will just continue to watch spring bloom around us and run to the hallway when it gets bad out and hope that our little stick house doesn't get blown over by the big bad wolf...aka mother nature.