Tuesday, September 26, 2006

When a Shower Feels LIke Christmas

This past weekend I was in the hospital for pre-term labor...possibly the scariest and most uncomfortable weekend of my life...but it will be worth it in the end when the girls arrive safely! I am now home on bed rest being lazy per doctors orders which is really weird to see all of the things around the house that need to be done and I can't touch anything. I have shower privileges and I can get food but that is all, other than that I am to be a couch potato! But one thing I truly learned this weekend is how you take the smallest things for granted such as a shower or the ability to go to the bathroom by yourself when you want to without asking someone to come help you. Yesterday I got to get unhooked from my IV for a little while and take a shower and I tell you it felt like Christmas...never in my life had a shower felt so good. I have gone camping for long weekends and been outside gross and dirty and I swear the shower yesterday was a 1000 times better than any other shower I have ever had in my life. It really makes you think about the small things you do on a daily basis that you don't realize how good they make you feel until you can no longer do them freely. So the next time you take a shower...take some time to enjoy it and all the other small things in life that are easily overlooked!