Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Do you ever think

Today I was sitting in my cousins room looking at all his pictures and I thought to myself, "Geez, I don't even really know Ryan anymore." This thought made me pretty sad, he is in college now and has grown up and is no longer like my little brother, like he was when we were growing up. Then I kept thinking about how much has changed over the past couple of years. My cousins are older, in college, almost driving etc. My sister is a junior in high school on her way to her senior year and then onto college...I still remember when she was born, but that was 16 years ago. I am a mom now and all the kids I used to babysit are growing up and going to college and somewhere along the way we all went on different paths. I know this happens to a lot of people. I even have friends who I no longer have much in common with, yet they have always been my friends so you don't want to let that go. When do we come to that pass where things change and why do things change so much. You think you will have a certain kind of relationship with a person and that, that will be the relationship forever, but that isn't the case. As we age and time passes our friendships change and all we have left are the memories and the new relationships that form. But it is always important to remember those friendships, or relationships that we have had in the past and move forward and continue to live life with love.