Thursday, April 10, 2008

Disappointment

Today, I had a moment of great disappointment. What could cause such disappointment you ask? Well, earlier this week Ellen announced that she would be filming her show in Chicago sometime in May. I couldn't believe it, I was so excited. I had asked Tom if someday if we were ever in an area where she was taping if I could go and of course he said yes. So I immediately e-mailed him asking him if he could take the day off to watch the girls if I was able to get tickets to the Chicago show. At this time I didn't know when the taping would be. Today, they had the Chicago taping up on her ticket section and wouldn't you know it...it is the day of the Indianapolis Mini Marathon. I cannot even begin to explain to you how disappointed this made me. I will admit, that even though I have put months of effort and training into this race for a split second I thought about not doing it and still trying to get tickets. I then realized I couldn't do this to myself, or to Sheri, who has been the BEST training partner ever and who has trained even harder than I have. So I guess it wasn't meant to be and hopefully someday in the future, the near future, I will have another opportunity to see a taping of the show. For now though I will have to be content with watching it from the comfort of my own home!