Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Anticipation is Building

The official countdown clock is 2 days 23:05:45 while I sit and write this to the Mini Marathon. While I have run this race 3 or 4 times prior to this year, for some reason I am really getting excited for this race. I think it is because I am in the best shape of my life, even better than before the girls were born and I have shaved 2 minutes off my usual pace. I have gone from 12 minute miles to 10 minute miles. I attribute this achievement to two things. The first is pushing the double jogging stroller and the additional 45 pounds of the girls and to my great running partner, Sheri! It is great when you find a good running match and she is mine. She pushes me when I want to quit and her pace naturally is faster than mine, but she slows down when I need to and has really helped me excel this year. My goal is to finish the race in 2:15 or under, that is my best ever time that I achieved my first time running the mini. So look for the results on Saturday or Sunday! Also, good luck to all you other runners out there that are attempting this great race!