Thursday, December 09, 2010

Water

It appears that water really is the key to a healthy pregnancy. When my blood pressure went up over a month ago I think it was because I was dehydrated. I couldn't drink enough water and once I was re-hydrated my pressure went down, my headache went away and I felt much better. Same thing this week with the weird cramping and contractions. I again think I was dehydrated. When I left my doctor on Tuesday she told me to drink lots of fluids and rest. So I drank lots of water and again the contractions subsided and I am feeling better. So I guess the morale of this story is, drink lots of water. If something is wrong or doesn't feel right, drink some water. I am going to try to drink as much water as I can over the next few weeks so I can stay away from the doctor and out of pre-term labor!