Friday, March 03, 2006

Just Call Me Grace...

So today started out as a normal typical Friday. I got to sleep in a little because I was stopping at SAM's Club on my way into the office to get office stuff and rolled in around 9:15. One of my co-workers went down to help me unload and two full cases of pop came crashing out of the vehicle and starting bouncing around the parking lot. We both just stood there waiting for them to explode. After the dust settled and none exploded we proceeded into the building. Well upon getting off the elevator I pushed the little cart off the elevator and three more cases of pop fell onto the floor and all over, after a little more laughing we proceeded and everything seemed normal. At this point I am feeling a little clumsy for the day, but am thinking the worst is over, well you know me, I have NO good luck. So I pack the cart up and head to the elevator to go upstairs to drop some stuff off. I hear the elevator ding below so I know someone is on it, when the doors open I am expecting it to be a courier or something, but no it is none other than Peyton Manning, oh yes the Indianapolis COLT's quarterback Peyton Manning. Well, there I am standing with my mustard and Parmesan and my cart full of pop, not really knowing what to say since I am in shock. Well, we finally arrive to the third floor and I push the cart off the elevator only to have an entire case of pop fall off the cart unto the floor, yes in front of PEYTON MANNING. I was so embarrassed, but he was really nice and he helped me pick it up and then he asked where Earshot was and he headed in one direction and I in the other. I have never in my entire life been more embarrassed than I was at that moment and to think this was my first brush with fame. Tom asked me why I didn't get an autograph, but come on when you are as graceful as I am the only thing I could think of was, oh man I just dumped pop in front of the Colt's quarterback, where can I hide. So there you have my brush with fame for the week and yes, feel free to call me Grace.