Monday, September 17, 2007

Mommy and Maddie's Big Adventure

This past weekend we split the twins up for the first time ever, and hopefully we won't have to do it again anytime soon. One of my best friends from college was getting married in Minneapolis and we decided it was to expensive for all four of us to go and I couldn't go alone, so I took Maddie. People ask how we decided who would go, Maddie is still nursing, so we left milk behind for Natalie and hit the road. The flight there was great, we had three seats all to ourselves so Maddie could bang on the window and tear up the free Sky Mall magazine...so that was great. We then got to go the site of the wedding and walk around the gardens and then the wedding and reception, which were fabulous. Maddie did a great job, she barely had a nap and she managed to stay up until 10:30 and then slept until 9:30 the next day! Sunday we even made it to the Mall of America on our way to the airport...it was pretty cool and huge! While Maddie had a good time, poor little Natalie had a harder run at it. I guess she kept looking for Maddie and wouldn't play or talk or laugh. Sunday she even looked at Maddie's high chair and started whimpering...she missed her sister that much. Then once we got in the car, she started laughing and grabbing her hand and laughing and talking and then they couldn't wait to play and hug each other. It was pretty darn cute to see them back together, but sad for me to think that Natalie was so sad all weekend. It was a tough decision for me, as their mother to have to choose between one of my babies, but it was the only way. I hope in the future I don't have to choose again!