Sunday, December 31, 2006

Date Night/Instilling Bad Habits

Last night Tom and I had our first date since the girls were born. His parents came up to watch them so we could go to dinner and shopping at Keystone. It was really nice to spend some time together alone...we hadn't been out together since about August, since I was put on bedrest in September, so it was nice to get out. We did miss the girls though and were happy to come home to them. They were great for their grandparents so it looks like we will get to do it again sometime :-) On another note, I feel like we are instilling a bad habit with the little ones. We have discovered that they will sleep for 5-6 hours at a stretch at night if they are in their swings, so we have started letting them sleep there at night. We don't even try to put them in their beds anymore because if they sleep we get to sleep. I fear that this is going to develop into a bad habit, and I really hope that they will go back to sleeping in their bed soon. But I have read and heard of other kids who sleep in their carseats, so I guess whatever works right? So today the crib is leaving the bedroom so the swings can move in, because Tom and I are sick of taking turns sleeping on the couch. Yes, we have slept everywhere with these little ones. On the nursery floor, on the couch and in the guest bedroom in order to be closer to them. I know, one would think that the monitor would work just fine, but they still have this little bad habit of choking in the middle of the night, so I like to be close to them in case this happens. So that is the update from here and I am glad we will get to continue date night, because it was fun!