Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Christmas in Novemeber?

Like each year prior to this one I am disgusted when I go to the store and see Christmas stuff for sale before Halloween is even over. This year I have to say that I think the Christmas commercials on television have started earlier than any other year and that sales people have gone crazy. Even in Wal-mart yesterday they were playing holiday music. I couldn't believe it, it made me want to puke and if I were an employee there I would go nuts. Don't get me wrong I love Christmas, it is my favorite holiday, I love decorating the house and seeing Christmas lights and everything else that goes along with this holiday. Seriously though, do we have to start things so early, people are still going to spend money and I honestly feel that the true meaning of this holiday is lost in all of the commercial propaganda and I wish that the stores could at least wait until Halloween is over to put up their displays and wait until Thanksgiving is over to start playing music. Oh well, I will spend the holiday with family and friends and will be thankful for that and I guess in the end that is all that matters.