Sunday, June 10, 2007

5 Years Gone By

Yesterday was my 5 year college reunion. I cannot believe that much time has passed already. It was very surreal being back on campus and seeing people I had not seen since we graduated. At the same time it was a lot of time and it almost felt like no time had passed. When we were sitting at lunch, though, it was weird because I found myself sitting at a table with all the girls who live in the Indy area, yet we hardly see each other. One girl even commented how sad it is that we get so caught up in our own every day lives and time just flies by. This is true, but then we miss out on those friendship/relationships that we could be fostering and enjoying more of. On my way home I thought about this and have now suggested to my friends that live in the area that we try to get together for monthly dinner "pitch-ins" at someone's house to catch up and spend time together...we will see if that pans out. But I guess that point is to foster the relationships you do have and don't let 5 years slip by before you know it.