Thursday, May 24, 2007

Peaceful

The past two days I have taken the girls for a walk in a park in Avon. As Tom would say, "Avon got it right." This park is wonderful and is located right behind the Town Hall. It has two playgrounds and a very nice paved walking path that is probably 1.5-2 miles long and it even has a frisbee golf course. It is quiet and serene and I really enjoy running around it. These runs are so peaceful and I have discovered that if I go in the morning after the girls eat they will take their morning naps while we are out either in the car or while we are walking. This gives me a good 30-60 minutes of peace and quiet. Time to listen to my Ipod and to think, while still being with the girls. Time to reflect on the day and what is going on and to soak up some sun and get exercise at the same time. It is almost like that hour of time is perfect. I pass very few people and the ones I do pass leave me alone, it isn't like going to the store where you can't walk down an aisle without some one talking to you. It is almost like there is an unspoken rule that everyone is there for the same reason, exercise and peace and quiet. I truly love these times :-)